Auditions

Home Forum Admissions Auditions

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Abby
    Author

Is anyone here a music major? My little sister is applying for schools this year and she’s going to be a music major so she has to audition before she can get into schools. She’s absolutely brilliant, but of course she’s constantly stressing about her auditions anyway. Does anyone have any advice on how to prepare for college auditions?

February 27, 2013 at 12:29 PM #2929

I’m not a music major but I had to audition for my music scholarship at my school. I’m not too sure how every school is, but I had to prepare two songs to sing for my audition. If you’re instrumentalist, prepare two songs to play. I prepared worship songs because my school is a Christian school, but other schools may require classical songs or even allow contemporary songs. Double check with the music office of the schools she’s auditioning for.

February 27, 2013 at 12:31 PM #2930

Oh! And another thing I did at my audition is that the head of the music department also had me do scales to see my range. If your sister is a vocalist she’s probably going to have to do that too. And she may be asked if she can sight-read.

March 7, 2013 at 8:10 PM #3283

Abby
    Author

Thanks! Her audition ended up going really well! She got accepted!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.