April 14, 2015 in Alive Campus
Let’s get one thing straight: Being a Freshmen is FANTASTIC. It is the chance to start over, turn over a new leaf, and have TONS of fun! So exactly what IS fun? Here is a list I compiled for all you prospective freshies out there. #yowelcome
1. RUSH! RUSH! RUSH! Join a sister or brother hood! If you have been looking to gain and experience love, commitment, and new friendships, it might be time to Go Greek. And lucky for you, there is no better time to do this than your Freshman year.
2. The Breakfast Club. No, not the movie! As a Freshman, you will be able to experience a Club Rush! Yes I know, it already sounds geeky but trust me on this one! This is your chance to branch out and have fun! (Other than in your extracurricular classes! Yay for extra fun!) And hey, maybe you can even start your own Breakfast Club. #myidea #givemethecredit
3. Tryout Time! Missing your high school days? Don’t sweat! Being a new freshie gives you the chance to tryout for sports just like in the good ol’ days. Don’t forget to keep updated on the times and dates of when tryouts are; You don’t want to miss the chance to impress the coaches with your mad skills, now do you?
4. Extracurriculars. Yes, you are in school to succeed and get that degree, but don’t forget to have some fun, too! Pick an extracurricular class that is fun, but useful! If you’ve always wanted to learn how to play guitar, now is your chance! Is painting your thing? Take an art class! This is your chance to have fun while also earning credit for it! You cute, multi-tasker, you!
5. FOUR WORDS: Check Out Your Library. Geeky? Yes. Kidding? Heck no! Believe it or not, you will be using the library A LOT. Get to know it while you can! The library is a popular spot, especially during lunch time. #snaps
6. Find Good Eats. Lunch is the most important meal of the day, ESPECIALLY for any college freshie. Take time to scope out any good eats around the neighborhood. Lunch isn’t only brought, it’s bought.
7. Homecoming! Luckily for all you with high school nostalgia, college has a Homecoming, too! Cheer on your team on by getting into the school spirit! Bring your school colors, pom poms, and A game. #goteamgo
8. Add to the group! Picking and going to a college is a very personal decision and one you must do alone. So why not take this chance to add to your groupies? Socialize with your classmates and engage in the Five Foot Rule: Talk to someone within five feet of you! Trust me, it’s actually fun!
9. Find Your Destiny. Still don’t know who you are or who you want to be? Go visit your Career Center! I always took an interest in putting the pieces of who I was together and I think you will, too
10. Get Ahead Of The Game. It is never too early to apply for internships! My recommendation? The Disney College Program. As a college student, you automatically qualify to apply! For more information please follow the link: Disney College Program. And remember, this program isn’t for everyone.
I hope you enjoyed this Top Ten: Freshmen Edition! Until next time! #daphneoverandout