Since I’m just about done with college, I’ve got a lot of work to do for my post graduation life. So I’ve decided to make this my final article on the site. It’s been fun writing for the site, but I no longer have to time to really commit. I’ve been doing it for almost a year and a half and this is my 64th week. In retrospect, I’ve decided to go back and look at my best (or at least my favorite articles that I wrote). Here are six of the articles that I’ve written that I am the most fond of.
- Ten Reasons to Go to School In The Northeast http://alivecampus.com/ten-reasons-to-go-to-school-in-the-north-east/ I wrote this about all the benefits of going to school in New England or the Tri State Area. It basically bolsters what people from the North East already know, that it’s the best part of the country. It also could sway some folks from other parts of the country to head up here to get an education.
- Incoming Freshmen, Listen Up: http://alivecampus.com/incoming-freshman-listen-up/ I wrote this towards the very end of last year and aimed it towards high schoolers and current freshmen. Everyone is the stupid freshman some times and there’s really no way to avoid it. While you might not realize it at the time, everyone else almost certainly does.
- Jesus Freaks: http://alivecampus.com/jesus-freaks/ This was one of my favorite articles to write because almost everyone had seen these guys on campus. Whenever they come to campus there is always a scene. Such a strong topic that everyone has opinions about was a lot of fun to write about. Especially since I could write my own opinion and not have to be an unbiased review.
- It Hit The Fan: http://alivecampus.com/it-hitthe-fan/ This is especially relevant as both the Men’s and Women’s basketball teams are in the Final Four and the Men’s team will play Florida tomorrow night. After beating Michigan State in the Elite Eight last weekend, there was a “riot” on campus. The incident consisted of a big crowd at the center of campus in which a newspaper was set on fire and 1 kid was arrested. Yeah a real dangerous riot, someone call CNN. Anyway, the entire student body has already received the email about NOT burning things and rioting after the game, like we did a couple years ago when the Men won the National Championship.
- UConn Alum: http://alivecampus.com/uconn-alum/ This is pretty relevant for the same reasons as the previous one. It lists some of UConn’s most famous alumni, all of whom are basketball players. No doubt that after this year, some of the current players will join the pantheon of famous UConn Basketball alum.
- Cult Life At UConn: http://alivecampus.com/cult-life-at-uconn/ I wrote this one just a couple of weeks ago, but it might just be my favorite article that I’ve written. I wrote it in response to one of the stupidest articles I’ve seen published in the school paper. It was about a topic that I know quite a lot about and am very passionate about, it was great to write and even better to see people read and talk about.
And with that, my last article come to an end. It’s been cool, keep up with the site and all the great pieces it publishes.
Peace, I’m out.