Watching movies is one of my favorite things to do. However, my taste in movies is slightly different from your average college student. I have a thing for older movies starting in the 40s. My dad would always make me watch the older movies because he grew up with them and felt they were more pure and had better acting—which is probably true to some extent. I also have a thing for western movies as well, which are probably not what the average college student watches. But despite this, here are the top movies for college students and why you should watch them if you have not already.
- Legally Blonde: This is a classic movie every college student should watch no matter if you are a guy or a girl. The movie is basically about a college sorority girl who decides to go to law school in order to get her boyfriend back who just dumped her. It is a great movie and very funny and entertaining to watch. Who knows, you might be able to relate to her.
- Pitch Perfect: I can almost guarantee every college student has probably already seen this movie and if you haven’t then you are wrong. It is such a funny movie that everyone would enjoy. The movie is about a girl who joins an all-female singing group. The humor is fantastic and the singing is perfection. You’ll be singing the songs with them by the end of the movie and will continue to sing them once the movie is over.
- Sydney White: I know this movie is probably cliché and goes with the theme of the other two movies but I think this is a must-see for college students. This movie is about a girl who goes off to college and tries to join the same sorority her mother was in when she was in college. She soon finds out it was not what she had hoped for. It’s a dorky movie but at the same time it is uplifting as well.
- The Prince and Me: This is another chick flick like the other three but it has a very good story line. This movie is about a focused pre-med student who ends up falling in love with a prince from Denmark. She has to decide if she is going to throw all of her hard work away just to be with him. It really makes you think about the choices that you are faced with in life and making sure to make the best decision for you.
- An Education: Now this one may not have been seen by as many people as the other four and is slightly different. This movie is about a girl in England who plans to attend Oxford but must decide between blowing her chances at Oxford in order to experience the world with an older man. It’s definitely worth your time to watch and of course it has a lesson in the movie, but it may surprise you in the end.
Overall, these movies are definitely worth a college student’s time because they all take place at college and they all have a lesson about life in them as well. They are funny and also somewhat relatable. And in the end, you can never go wrong with a chick flick.